Pack up the minivan and get driving: Mississippi River Country is home to some of America’s best family attractions, whether you want to marvel at the creatures of the ancient world or zoom down the tracks on a thrilling roller coaster.
Here’s a closer look at some of the unique museums, zoos and other attractions that your kids (and kids of all ages) are sure to love.
- Mississippi River Country’s best zoos and wildlife centers: From wolves in northern Minnesota to aquatic animals in New Orleans, these zoos and wildlife centers are awesome for animal lovers
- Fun science museums the whole family will love: Learn about animals from around the world, get hands-on experience at a STEM-centric museum or hop aboard a working sailing vessel
- Add these aquariums to your must-see list: Mississippi River Country’s got it all, from world-famous aquariums that have been welcoming the public for decades to brand-new facilities showing off the wonder of the world’s waters
- Four sites for dinosaur fans in Mississippi River Country: See Sue the T. rex at Chicago’s Field Museum or visit an active fossil dig site in Tennessee
- Farm animals & food on a stick: See these state fairs: Discover fried food, furry animals and fun midway rides at these state fairs
- 3 amusement parks that are fun for the whole family: Whee! Hop on roller coasters and splash down a waterslide at these amusement parks