On this page you’ll find helpful information about Mississippi River Country that you can share with Canadian travelers.
Mississippi River Country toolkit
- What is Mississippi River Country? (FAQ)
- View the April 2021 Welcome to Mississippi River Country presentation
- See media contact information for the Mississippi River Country states
Media trip inquiries
If you’re interested in traveling to the Mississippi River Country states as a photographer/blogger/writer, please fill out this form.
If you would like to use any of the photos on this site or if you have specific photo needs, please email [email protected]. Please put “Photo Request” in the subject line and provide as much detail as possible.
What’s new in Mississippi River Country
- Northern Minnesota—including the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, Voyageurs National Park, and the state’s Iron Range—has been named a top place to travel in 2022 by National Geographic and AFAR Magazine
- The UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships will take place in the United States for only the second time ever when this mountain bike/road bike/obstacle race comes to Fayetteville January 28-30, 2022
- If you can’t make it to Mississippi’s Gulf Coast in person, you visit the area online with Coastal Mississippi’s XplorIt virtual tour
- The Louisiana Office of Tourism is working to install the first markers at important locations on the Louisiana Civil Rights Trail
- Tennessee will hold the next iteration of its Tennessee Songwriters Week in February 2022
- Enjoy Illinois has published a series of new road trip ideas as part of its “Time for me to Drive” campaign
- The Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts (formerly known as the Arkansas Arts Center) in Little Rock is getting a new state-of-the-art home that will house installations from the museum’s collection of 14,000 works. The new campus, scheduled to open in 2022, also has a performing arts theater, studio classrooms and more.
- The Minnesota Scoop ice cream experience highlights nearly 100 ice cream shops around the state. Yum!
- Book lovers, rejoice: The annual Mississippi Book Festival will return to the state Capitol building and grounds in Jackson on Aug. 21, 2021.
- Nashville’s new Fifth + Broadway complex is home to eclectic shopping, the city’s first Public Market and the National Museum of African American Music.
- Aerie’s Resort and Grafton SkyTour along the Mississippi River in western Illinois are now open for the year.
- Three Louisiana byways receive prestigious All-American Road and National Scenic Byway distinctions.
Follow the links below to learn more about the top attractions in the states of Mississippi River Country.