On this page you’ll find helpful information about Mississippi River Country that you can share with Canadian travelers.
Canada trade mission – May 2022
Thank you for joining us during our visit to the Toronto area! Follow the links below to download the Mississippi River County directory and our slide presentation from the media dinner on May 9.
- Mississippi River Country member directory
- Mississippi River Country media dinner presentation – 5/9/22
Mississippi River Country toolkit
- What is Mississippi River Country? (FAQ)
- View the April 2021 Welcome to Mississippi River Country presentation
- See media contact information for the Mississippi River Country states
Media trip inquiries
If you’re interested in traveling to the Mississippi River Country states as a photographer/blogger/writer, please fill out this form.
If you would like to use any of the photos on this site or if you have specific photo needs, please email [email protected]. Please put “Photo Request” in the subject line and provide as much detail as possible.
What’s new in Mississippi River Country
- The Louisiana Office of Cultural Development is launching a new marketing effort, called the Louisiana Music Trail, which will tell the story of the state’s contributions to music through attractions like the New Orleans Jazz Museum and the Louisiana Swamp Pop Museum
- Chicago was named the Best Big City in the U.S. by readers of Conde Nast Traveler in 2021, the fifth year in a row the Illinois city has received that honor
- Two Tennessee museums—the National Museum of African American Music in Nashville the Stax Museum of American Soul Music in Memphis—have been added to the U.S. Civil Rights Trail
- Northern Minnesota—including the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, Voyageurs National Park, and the state’s Iron Range—has been named a top place to travel in 2022 by National Geographic and AFAR Magazine
- The UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships will take place in the United States for only the second time ever when this mountain bike/road bike/obstacle race comes to Fayetteville on January 28-30, 2022
- If you can’t make it to Mississippi’s Gulf Coast in person, you visit the area online with Coastal Mississippi’s XplorIt virtual tour
- The Louisiana Office of Tourism is working to install the first markers at important locations on the Louisiana Civil Rights Trail
- Tennessee will hold the next iteration of its Tennessee Songwriters Week in February 2022
- Enjoy Illinois has published a series of new road trip ideas as part of its “Time for me to Drive” campaign
- The Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts (formerly known as the Arkansas Arts Center) in Little Rock is getting a new state-of-the-art home that will house installations from the museum’s collection of 14,000 works. The new campus, scheduled to open in 2022, also has a performing arts theater, studio classrooms and more.
- The Minnesota Scoop ice cream experience highlights nearly 100 ice cream shops around the state. Yum!
- Book lovers, rejoice: The annual Mississippi Book Festival will return to the state Capitol building and grounds in Jackson on Aug. 21, 2021.
- Nashville’s new Fifth + Broadway complex is home to eclectic shopping, the city’s first Public Market and the National Museum of African American Music.
- Aerie’s Resort and Grafton SkyTour along the Mississippi River in western Illinois are now open for the year.
- Three Louisiana byways receive prestigious All-American Road and National Scenic Byway distinctions.
Follow the links below to learn more about the top attractions in the states of Mississippi River Country.